This page contains specific information about Delaware Insurance testing. Register for your next exam, find test information, or download handbooks/applications/forms from this page.
Message from Commissioner Stewart on MLR (1.9 MB pdf)
Examination Scheduling Information
Please VERIFY that your name and personal information are CORRECT. Contact Pearson VUE immediately to correct the spelling of your name or update your personal information if you notice any errors. It is very important that this information is correct, as it will appear as it was entered on the documentation provided to you after you have completed the exam, as well as on any reports to your licensing agency.
As of 11-1-2012, Delaware Insurance no longer requires candidates to take a separate Ethics exam. Major Line examinations are now divided into two components: General Knowledge and Delaware State Specific. Examination content related to Ethics has been combined with the State portion of the exam.
If you previously failed either the Ethics portion or the Delaware State portion of the exam and are retesting after November 1, 2012, you will need to take the new “combined” state portion of the exam to qualify for a license.
Appointments may be made up to one calendar day prior to the day you wish to test, subject to availability. Pearson VUE offers the following scheduling options:
- Candidate Handbook (324 KB pdf)
The Candidate Handbook is the most comprehensive resource for prospective licensees.
- Content Outlines (287 KB pdf)
- Request For DE Insurance License (246 KB pdf)
- Request For DE Business Entity License (94 KB pdf)
- Request For License Amendment (86 KB pdf)
- Limited License For Rental Vehicles (111 KB pdf)
- Request For Certification Letter (82 KB pdf)
- Request For VSP Provider License (66 KB pdf)
- ESL Accommodation Request Form (191 KB pdf)