Due to natural disasters in the United States, India, and the Caribbean islands, we are experiencing site closures in some areas. We are working diligently to contact all affected candidates by email and phone. If you have questions about your appointment, please contact customer service. We appreciate your patience.
Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
The Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) has partnered with Pearson VUE to deliver computer-based certification examinations at locations throughout the world. Since 1969, BCSP has awarded credentials to experienced and knowledgeable professionals in the broad field of safety.
BCSP operates the following certifications:
- Certified Safety Professional® (CSP®)
- Safety Management Specialist (SMS)
- Associate Safety Professional® (ASP®)
- Occupational Health and Safety Technologist® (OHST®)
- Construction Health and Safety Technician® (CHST®)
- Safety Trained Supervisor® (STS®)
- Safety Trained Supervisor Construction® (STSC®)
- Certified Environmental, Safety and Health Trainer® (CET®)
Downloads (PDF Format)
- Taking BCSP Examinations Through Pearson VUE
- CSP Complete Guide
- SMS Complete Guide
- ASP Complete Guide
- OHST Complete Guide
- CHST Complete Guide
- STS Complete Guide
- STSC Complete Guide
- CET Complete Guide
Certification Application & Scheduling Information
Before scheduling an examination appointment, you must have already:
- Applied for the credential through BCSP;
- Been notified of your eligibility to sit for the examination; and
- Paid an examination authorization fee to BCSP.
Call BCSP or email firstname.lastname@example.org during normal business hours (U.S. Eastern Time) at +1 317-593-4800 for more information.
First-time test takers must create a Pearson VUE web account. Please note that account creation may require up to 24 hours. You will be notified by email when your account is activated. When creating your account and scheduling your test, you will need your Candidate ID from the Examination Authorization Letter BCSP sent you after you purchased your examination authorization. Appointments may be made up to one business day in advance.
After you schedule your test, Pearson VUE will send a confirmation letter listing your test date, your testing time, the address and phone number of the test center, and directions to the test center.