BCSP exams no longer include either a paper or electronic exhibit. Whatever formulas you need will be displayed in the individual question.
Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
The Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) has partnered with Pearson VUE to deliver computer-based certification examinations at locations throughout the world. Since 1969, BCSP has awarded credentials to experienced and knowledgeable professionals in the broad field of safety.
BCSP operates the following certifications.
- Certified Safetly Professional® (CSP®)
- Occupational Health and Safety Technologist® (OHST®)
- Construction Health and Safety Technician® (CHST®)
- Safety Trained Supervisor (STS)
- in Construction
- in General Industry
- Certified Environmental, Safety & Health Trainer (CET)
- BCSP’s rules for computer-delivered examinations (209 KB pdf)
- Safety Fundamentals Examination Guide (2.3 MB pdf)
- Comprehensive Examination Guide (3.1 MB pdf)
- OHST Candidate Handbook (1.4 MB pdf)
- CHST Candidate Handbook (2 MB pdf)
- STS Candidate Handbook (5.7 MB pdf)
- CET Candidate Handbook (419 KB pdf)
Certification Application & Scheduling Information
Before scheduling an examination appointment, you must have already:
- Applied for the credential through BCSP;
- Been notified of your eligibility to sit for the examination; and
- Paid an examination authorization fee to BCSP.
Call BCSP or email email@example.com during normal business hours (U.S. Central Time) at +1 217-359-9263 for more information.
First-time test takers must create a Pearson VUE web account. Please note that account creation may require up to 24 hours. You will be notified by email when your account is activated. When creating your account and scheduling your test, you will need your Candidate ID from the Examination Authorization Letter BCSP sent you after you purchased your examination authorization. Appointments may be made up to one business day in advance.
After you schedule your test, Pearson VUE will send a confirmation letter listing your test date, your testing time, the address and phone number of the test center, and directions to the test center.