Sponsored by the AAPCC
The American Association of Poison Control Centers (AAPCC) is a non-profit, national organization founded in 1958. AAPCC represents the poison control centers of the United States and the interests of poison prevention and treatment of poisoning.
The purpose of the Specialist in Poison Information exam is to certify that candidates who pass the exam have competent skill, knowledge, education and experience to provide poison information to the public, healthcare providers and public health agencies.
The CSPI Exam contains 160 questions, of which only 125 will be used to determine the candidates score. Candidates have up to four hours to take the exam. If you require ADA accommodations, please contact Leslie Sandler, Certification and Accreditation Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Association of Poison Control Centers
Certification for Specialists in Poison Information (CSPI)
|Application to AAPCC||April 7, 2014|
|Test Site Scheduling through Pearson VUE by phone||January 15 - April 21, 2014*|
|Testing Dates||April 28 - May 3, 2014|
* Scheduling is available only after you have received a confirmation email from AAPCC that your application has been verified.
How to obtain registration materials for the 2014 CSPI Exam
- Request a 2014 CSPI Exam Candidate Handbook from Leslie Sandler at email@example.com if you do not already have one. If you have already received the Candidate Exam Handbook, please skip to Step 2.
- Go to www.aapcc.org
- Click on MEMBERS at the top of the page
- Login with your pre-existing AAPCC user name and password to gain access to the members-only section OR register by clicking Register and filling out the required items then click on Register on the bottom of the page.
- Click on: 2014 CSPI EXAM INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION
- Click on: 2014 CSPI CANDIDATE EXAM REGISTRATION containing information you need for registration.
Obtain general information about computer-based testing and answers to FAQ, as well as practice taking a general exam using the computer.
You may schedule after you receive a confirmation email from AAPCC that your application has been verified. To schedule, reschedule or cancel an exam, please contact a customer service agent.